SHBT does not operate outside the United States. For travelers based in the European Union who may from time to time contact SHBT for reservations, you understand and agree that we disclose the personal data you provide to us to make travel reservations at your request.
Data that we collect to make travel reservations includes:
• Name and contact information
• Emergency contact information
• Loyalty program numbers
• Physical address
• Passport information
• Travel preferences (seat type, meals etc)
• Payment data
• Employee number
If you provide or submit any personal data for other people in order for us to provide services, you represent that you have the authority to do so and we will treat such data the same as when the traveler provides the data.
How does SHBT use personal data?
SHBT collects data by phone, fax, email, SMS, chat and web based profile systems. Credit card numbers are never to be provided in email or text.
SHBT uses your data generally for the following purposes:
• Making travel reservations
• Customer service provided related to reservations
• Customize your web-experience when on our website (cookies)
• Provide educational materials
• Billing, collection, fraud prevention
Personal data collected is shared with or disclosed to:
• SHBT partner agencies in other countries as required to book or assist with your trips
• Third party suppliers you are using during your trip or are necessary to provide services during a disruption
• Your company for reporting, tracking and otherwise to travel management services
• Third parties we are required to share your data with to comply with local, state and federal laws
SHBT may assign your data (including personal data) to any third party at our sole discretion in the event of a merger, liquidation or acquisition.
Although we strive to protect your personal data, we do not warrant the security of any data and information that you transmit to us over the Internet and you do so at your own risk. We will never ask you to disclose credit card or password information via email.
SHBT keeps your personal data in an effort to provide services. We may retain records to investigate or defend against potential legal claims. We delete personal data when it is deemed no longer necessary.
If you choose not to provide personal data we need to make a reservation then our services may be limited or not provided. You can withdraw your consent at any time by notifying us in writing. Where required by law or circumstance, a separate express consent for processing of your personal data may be required.
At SHBT, as a travel company operating in the United States, we’ve always been in the practice of protecting personal data. With new guidelines and laws coming into effect for travelers based outside the United States, we are publishing our policy on our website for the convenience of those who use or may use our services.